Simplicity and versatility run parallel through the Leland Half Hatchet. It's a basic hand tool, built strong enough and sharp enough ready for adventures as complex as they come.
This 13" American Hickory handled half hatchet features a generous cutting edge and a solid smooth-faced hammer. Forged stateside by BARCO Industries, these tools are bred from a line of 'no nonsense' tools, built to get the job done. Each hatchet gets profiled, sharpened and finished in Michigan. The handle on the Leland is then finished with pure Linseed Oil and the head is outfit with a handmade, holster-style sheath.
- Made in the USA, forged in the Mid-West by BARCO Industries
- Forged Half Hatchet head pattern with octagonal hammer face, sharpened and polished to perfection.
- 100%Hickory handle with pure Linseed oil topcoat
- 3.5" Hand honed cutting edge
- Handmade, premium leather holster style head cover to carry her right on your hip.
- Latigo leather hand strap
- Head Type: 1.25 lbs Half Hatchet pattern pattern
- Head Material: 1060-1078 grade alloy steel
- Shaping Process: Open faced die drop forged
- Bit (Edge): Tempered to final hardness of Rc 50
- Handle Material: American Hickory; Grade A
- Hang: Wood wedge with juxtaposed steel wedge
- Overall Weight: 2 lbs.
- Sheath Material: 100% top grade leather, Antique Brass hardware
Each Victor Axe axe is created with American hickory wood and can vary in color from all light, all dark, or a combination. If you would like to view all the axes in stock to choose the handle of your preference, please send a email to email@example.com.